I’m Sam. This is my personal blog. While I run a popular content startup, this blog is just my hobby where I write about my favorite books, finance and also host my book club.
And if you want to learn more then read below.
Name: Sam Parr
- I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO and went to high school at SLUH.
- After that, I moved to Nashville to go to Belmont University TN on a D1 track scholarship (200m and 400m).
- While in school I worked for a tv show American Pickers.
- I started my first real business after leaving American Pickers. I was a junior in college and it a chain of hot dog stands called Southern Sam’s: Wiener’s as Big as a Baby’s Arm.
- Also started an online liquor store during my senior year. Those two businesses paid my way.
- Wanting to start an internet company, I left college and moved to San Francisco.
- While apartment hunting, I met a guy named John Havel. He had been working on his roommate matching startup, Bunk. I asked to join him as a co-founder. He said yes.
- After ten months, Bunk was acquired and I worked for 1 year for the acquirer.
- Searching for my next big idea, I start Hustle Con, a TED-like conference for entrepreneurs.
- Unexpectedly, Hustle Con gets very popular because of the newsletter I made to promote it.
- After traveling the country on a motorbike, I decided to turn Hustle Con into a media company, and thus The Hustle, now one of America’s fastest growing media startups, was born.
- All the while, I blog on The Anti-MBA.
And that, my friend, is where we are now.
A few more notes:
- I get a lot of cold emails because people want to be written about in The Hustle and it stresses me out, so often I just don’t respond. Don’t be offended.
- If you really want to reach me, message me on Facebook.
- This blog uses Amazon Affiliates.
OK, that’s all for now.
JOIN THE ANTI-MBA BOOK CLUB
I'm Sam and I write about cool gadgets, books, and other outrageous products and business stuff. Additionally, this blog also has a monthly book club where we read and talk about business books.
Enter your email below then you'll be sent the info on how to join. It's free!