It’s funny…I spent $30,000 a year for a business degree but I don’t use any of it in my business career. So how did I learn about business? Books.
Live in San Francisco? Come to our meet up on December 15th. Click here for more info.
How The Anti-MBA Book Club works:
- Read a business book a month (1/4th of the book each week).
- You get access to interviews with experts on the book’s theme. Example themes: viral marketing (Made To Stick), salesmanship (Influence), power (The 48 Laws of Power).
- By the end of the month, your brain is jam packed full with knowledge from a badass book and practical advice on how to apply the knowledge in your life from experts.
December’s book is Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future.
How To Join
- Buy the book. If you use the link above I get 5% of the book price, which is the only way this site makes money.
- Enter your email in the little ole’ email box on this page.
- Each week you’ll receive the week’s reading schedule and access to the expert interviews.
- Join at any point during December and you’ll get access to the content.
This month’s book
This month’s book is #1 New York Times bestseller Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future. Themes we’ll be exploring are: being bold, innovation, and going BIG.
The great secret of our time is that there are still uncharted frontiers to explore and new inventions to create. In Zero to One, legendary entrepreneur and investor Peter Thiel shows how we can find singular ways to create those new things.
Doing what someone else already knows how to do takes the world from 1 to n, adding more of something familiar. But when you do something new, you go from 0 to 1. The next Bill Gates will not build an operating system. The next Larry Page or Sergey Brin won’t make a search engine. Tomorrow’s champions will not win by competing ruthlessly in today’s marketplace. They will escape competition altogether, because their businesses will be unique.
Zero to One presents at once an optimistic view of the future of progress in America and a new way of thinking about innovation: it starts by learning to ask the questions that lead you to find value in unexpected places.
Why you’re reading this page…
How many times have you read a book and thought to yourself “Now THIS is the stuff I wish I learned in college!”
How often do you read exciting books and say “How on earth can I implement this in my life?”
That’s EXACTLY why The Anti-MBA was created.
The Anti-MBA Book Club is a group of young entrepreneurs, startup-ers, and business people who meet once a week (both online and in San Francisco) to discuss popular books and ideas. If you’re into self-growth then this-is-for-you.
This group is not only focused on studying the books that are often neglected in the college curriculum, but on implementing the ideas we learn into our daily lives.
Yes…that means creating ACTIONABLE and SPECIFIC steps to apply what we learn. The subjects we study include: leadership, business, and other cool ideas.
We read a book a month and interview experts on that book’s to learn more about the text, specifically how to apply it into daily life.
To join, enter your email on this page. In the email you’ll get a reading schedule, link to buy the book, and once a week interviews with an expert.
Don’t have time to read?
“I wanna read this book…but I just don’t have the time.” Yup, I hear that a lot. That’s OK though. You’ll learn more by reading the actual book, but each week I’ll also send you a summary of the past week’s reading. Plus, you’ll learn a helluva lot from the expert interviews.